Is your team focused on the right habits?
Having consulted for businesses in different industries of all sizes one of the most common opportunities we see involves getting the same strategic focus at top leadership to trickle down to front line employees. No matter how much you communicate your passion and resolve it somehow does not transition to others. To implement a new vision for the organization it takes focused efforts. Continuous communication is required to get from your original conception throughout the organization. Communication focused on developing, implementing and getting feedback is required.
As consultants we specialize in helping organizations prioritize the important in front of the urgent in order to continuously increase effectiveness. Stephen Covey said it best in his world-renowned leadership development courses. “Habits are formed at the intersection of Skills, Knowledge and Attitude.
Implementing effective habits is an ongoing process. With discipline new behaviors can become a part of your business culture too. It’s not hard to do, but it does take time. By focusing on what’s important you can drastically change the overall temperature of your company. Topics like customer satisfaction, continuous improvement, employee moral and stakeholder value should be the theme of your meetings and employee measurements. By shifting the attitudes of everyone your organization your customer and profits will follow in a growth cycle that puts more money in your pocket.
HAPPY EMPLOYEES > HAPPY CUSTOMERS and
HAPPY CUSTOMERS > INCREASED BUSINESS and
INCREASED BUSINESS > INCREASED PROFITS and
INCREASED PROFITS > INCREASED WAGES and
INCREASED WAGES > HAPPY EMPLOYEES and the cycle continues!
What habits are you developing in your business?
It your business due for a check-up?
Although not as fun as most almost every other activities we fit into our busy schedules getting a check-up has both immediate and long-term health benefits.
- Doctors are trained at identifying and helping prevent unknown ailments
- Medical professionals provide an authoritative sounding board to discuss our health concerns
- Dentists often demonstrate for us what we are missing in our normal hygiene routines
- Chiropractors make quick adjustments that get us back on the path to wellness immediately
- Just by scheduling time for the expert to meet us we often start eating better, flossing regularly or exercising more.
Making time for your business check-up will also have economic benefits you may not be aware of. Some sample questions or challenges preventing your business from reaching its full potential follow:
- Do you have employees spending too much time online and not enough time doing their job?
- Are you human resource records orderly and updated?
- Can you customers give you feedback you can sue to market new business and improve your services?
- Are your processes documented so you can easily take time off, train employees or delegate effectively?
- How much more or less are you charging than your competitors and are you missing our on revenue opportunities?
- Is your team cross or up selling effectively?
- How effectively can your business operate without you?
Contact EXCION now to schedule your free consultation. Why not find out more about the opportunities you might be missing. Are you ready for some feedback?
15 Reasons to hire a business consultant
15 reasons to hire a business consultant in the Arizona area.
If you have considered hiring a management consultant to help you grow your business there is now better time than now. During summer in the Phoenix area business often slows while school is out, families vacation and just about everyone attempts to get out of the heat. This is a great time to take a step back, look at your business through a new lens and find some help to get you to the next level. Below are 15 reasons a great management consultant can support your vision for your organization.
- Accounting – Every business has financial needs and most of us are not trained in accounting. To have someone help create systems to help you monitor spending, track profits and manage conversions is 100% necessary. If you cannot produce your monthly or quarterly financial statements in a timely manner without stressing you out you cannot effectively determine how to grow your business.
- Advertising – How are clients finding you? Do you know what your competitors are doing? Are you diving customers a reason to work with your business or just hoping they find you? What makes you special and how do you share that message as cost effectively as possible?
- Auditing – Auditing your existing contracts, vendor agreements and other major cost drivers in your business can save you money. Professionals provide a new perspective to help you identify cost savings you may be overlooking every month or on every deal..
- Business development – Hire a business consultant to help increase your profitability. You may know your business best, however a good management consultant will increase your profit far more than his/her cost.
- Business writing – Communication is critical both inside and outside your organization and many successful business people have trouble or are just not comfortable when it comes to writing a report or communicating with customers. Have a consultant teach you how to write properly, leverage templates and use systems to ensure everyone is getting your message loud and clear.
- Career counseling – If you are a victims of a corporate downsizing, tired of not pursuing your passion or just confused about your next steps a consultant can provide you the guidance and direction necessary to get clear on where you are headed. A consultant with HR expertise helps guide their clients within their profession or leapfrog to a job that will help them be more happy and productive. We can also help you with your employees so they have the same job satisfaction and are loyal to your organization.
- Editorial services – Whether producing newsletters or creating annual reports, consultants are often experts in the saying things correctly. Getting it right right the first time will be appreciated by all your readers.
- Executive search/headhunting – The landscape for recruiting is changing rapidly. Firms that specialize in recruiting often charge 30$% of the first year’s salary to find someone. A good consultant has relationships in this market and can help you leverage technology and/or partnerships to find the best employees for your open positions to help your business grow.
- Human resources (HR) – As long as businesses have people problems (and they always will) a management consultant with experience solving people problems in will enjoy a never-ending supply of clients, especially those that have held off on hiring an in-house HR professional. HR prevention programs often include teaching employees to get along with others, mandatory discrimination training, mutual respect and even violence prevention in the workplace.
- Insurance – If you are not fully covered you should get some help with your insurance needs immediately. Hiring a business coach to help them find the best plan and pricing through their network or trusted insurance professionals.
- IT consulting: From software to hardware, websites to customer relationship management (CRM) tools and everything in between a consultant with IT experience that speaks both business and technical language is worth their weight in gold. With a little direction and support you can stop messing with technology and focus on meeting your clients’ demands!
- Marketing: Without successful marketing your business cannot continue to grow. Do you know your options or what it cost to convert a new customer? If you are not sure or if you are paying too much an independent consultation could get you on track.
- Payroll management – Everyone needs to get paid. A business consultant can help by using their knowledge and expertise in payroll management to locate the best service provider or systems to ensure your company is managing this cost while complying with the employee, legal and business needs.
- Project management – In addition to running your business there are a constant projects that need your attentions. New technologies, product launches, employee training, strategic planning and other priorities often slip through the cracks because you are focused on sales or client delivery. A consultant can help you run project efficiently getting the results you expect.
- Public relations (PR)- Getting good press coverage for any organization is a real art. It takes experience learning what works and what doesn’t to get your business name known. The right coach can help determine the right channels and the correct time for PR.
There are many ways a consulting professional can help you grow, fix or start your business. No matter where you are in your company lifecycle reach out and get the support you need to take things to the next level.
“Should I hire a consultant?”
Sometimes entrepreneurs feel like they need to do everything themselves. That can be a challenge when you’re not an expert at business development, accounting, human resources, marketing, sales, IT, legal and customer service just to name a few roles. Before you get in a bind with your administration or fall short of meeting customer expectations it is a good idea to seek counsel from a professional consultant. If you are at a point in your business where you feel you could be running a little more efficiently or just want to take things to the next level you should you hire a consultant to help.
Here in the Phoenix Arizona area a business consultant with specialized knowledge can easily determine more cost effective ways to run your business, usually faster than going it alone. A good management consultant can also help with marketing and sales development, business expansion, operational improvements and even the execution of your existing ideas and recommendations.
When hiring a business consultant we recommend you consider the three key stages in the process.
- Getting Started: Share your business goals and key objectives prior to beginning work and leverage an expert to set the terms, parameters, and agreed upon scope for your “consulting agreement”.
- Consulting period: Define the consulting period which typically includes a discovery, research, operations and final delivery of for your project.
- Post-consulting: Once the original scope is complete work with your consultant to determine if you want to use him/her in an ongoing advisory capacity or establish other projects or coaching services to help you move towards working better on your own.
One of the most cost effective ways to use a business consultant in the Phoenix, Arizona area is to solve your internal problems with an independent 3rd parties external view. In many cases, your business may be exhibiting problematic “symptoms”, such as a sales slowdown, cash-flow issues, employee turnover, or internal management challenges. In these cases, a management consultant can observe the issues within your organization, conduct some research to determine the source of the problem and leverage their experience to recommend solutions that are either in your blind spot or outside your experiences.
In most cases, the insight from a consulting professional can take your business to the next level aligning your strategic vision with your financial, family and organizational goals. Hiring a good consultant can save time and money, and ultimately achieve better results. Whether your company is growing quickly or struggling there are often a lots of things you can be doing better, but you don’t even know where to start. The right management consultant can come in and bring in a fresh perspective, evaluate any or all areas of your business, and help you identify and implement processes, technologies or people to increase your results.
What are you waiting for?